#026: Tom Basso – The All-Weather Trader
When we are talking about a strategy in investing, it is often perceived as a mechanism for generating a buy signal. In fact, this is not the most critical aspect in the entire investment process. Today I am pleased to invite you to an interview I had with Tom Basso – a practitioner with almost 50 years of market experience. He is a well-known person in the industry, especially if someone is interested in trend-following strategies.
In the background of our discussion is Tom’s latest book, The All-Weather Trader.
In addition to discussing the strategies used by Tom, we talk about passive investing. Tom is not a fan of this approach, so I ask why.
In this episode
- How many years of experience on the market does Tom already have?
- What’s inside “The All-Weather Trader” book.
- What’s the All-Weather approach in trading?
- What is a complete trading strategy? (based on Chapter 4)
- What are the differences between buy&hold long-only stocks portfolio vs. a managed-futures portfolio?
- The mental side of trading – why should we care about the mental aspects?
- What does Tom think about ETFs replicating managed-futures funds?
Do you like what you see?
If you want me to inform you next time I have a new article/podcast episode, sign up below for my newsletter!
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
Thanks for joining! Check your email to complete your subscription