🔊 STS 001 – Linda Bradford Raschke: a market wizard from the Wall Street
Hello to everyone! Today we have an exceptional guest! Very renowned trader — Linda Bradford Raschke. Linda began her professional trading career in 1981 making markets in options, as a member of two exchanges. She became a registered CTA in 1992. Linda’s hedge fund was ranked 17th out of 4500 for best five years performance.
Jack Schwager recognised her early success in his famous Market Wizards series. Linda is also a co-author of a highly acclaimed book titled Street Smarts: High Probability Trading Strategies for the Futures and Equities Markets. In this podcast, she describes her approach to trading and shares lots of tips how to become a professional trader.
In this episode…
- Linda’s trading career
- What’s her current approach to trading
- What markets she trades
- How she models the markets
- What she thinks about certain testing methodologies like Monte Carlo, Walk-Forward Analysis
- Why Linda prefers discretionary trading, rather than purely systematic
- Is Linda trading on Forex?
- What is the pain threshold for Linda concerning capital losses?
- What tools are used by Linda for trading?
- Linda’s approach to risk management
- What Linda is recommending for everyone who’s interested in trading