🔊 STS 006 – Kevin Davey: world champion in futures algorithmic trading
Kevin Davey is a full-time professional algorithmic trader, specialising mostly in futures. Using his trading systems he generated annual returns of 148%, 107% and 112% in three consecutive World Cup of Futures Trading Championships.
Today we discuss various trading topics, including the reliable trading system development process, so that developed systems may look good not only on the past data.
Enjoy the show!
In this episode
- Kevin’s path to become a full-time algo trader
- Biggest mistakes he made on his way to professional trading
- World Cup Championship of Futures Trading Triumph
- Why Kevin decided to be a systematic trader rather than discretionary
- What is Kevin’s current trading approach
- Which markets and timeframe he trades
- Reliable development process for new strategies
- How to find trading ideas
- What is so-called incubation period
- Diversification vs. position sizing
- Kevin’s view on long-term trend following approach
Some useful links
- KJ Trading Systems – Kevin’s website
- Tools and services used by Kevin
- People mentioned in this episode
- Recommended literature
- Introduction To Algo Trading: How Retail Traders Can Successfully Compete With Professional Traders, Kevin Davey, 2018
- Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems, Kevin Davey, Wiley Trading, 2014
- Definitive Guide to Position Sizing Strategies, 2nd Edition, Van K. Tharp, The International Institute of Trading Mastery, Inc., 2015
Comments are welcome!
I encourage you to comment on this episode. You can do this by pressing the button below. Please also visit my profile on Twitter. 🙂
I really count on your voice! Thank you! 🙂
Some other popular episodes