The investment strategy described by Gary Antonacci in my previous episode is not only a theoretical model. Today I have a pleasure to present you two separate discussions with people being professional financial advisors in the United States. One thing they have in common is that in their investment process, they use an idea introduced by Gary. What I’ll try to find out is why they got interested in Dual Momentum.
Please note that this podcast episode is not sponsored. I don’t recommend or sell any products or services mentioned in this episode.
This interview is solely for educational purposes and should not be considered investment advice. No investment advice may be rendered unless a client management agreement is in place. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns and investing involves risk and possible loss of principal capital.
Guests of this episode
- James Di Virgilio, Certified Investment Management Analyst, Certified Financial Planner
- Daniel Lee Korth, Director of Portfolio Management, Accredited Investment Fiduciary, 401(K) Plan Consultant
In this episode
- Assets allocation and tactical money management
- Value investing/fundamental analysis
- How rule-based, systematic trading approach can be used?
- What are the main reasons why most people are poor traders/investors?
- Why dynamic allocation is so important, how it works in Dual Momentum and how it’s different from permanent diversification?
- Trend-following strategy based on diversified futures portfolio vs. momentum applied on stock indices
- Myopia problem — why paying too much attention to short-term performance can skew our long-term investment strategy?
- Can average investor/trader compete with professionals?
- Proprietary Dual Momentum models
- How should we approach the model backtesting to avoid curve-fitting pitfall?
- What is a Fiduciary?
Some useful links
Comments are welcome!
I encourage you to comment on this episode. You can do this by pressing the button below. Please also visit my profile on Twitter. 🙂
I really count on your voice! Thank you! 🙂
Do you like what you see?
If you want me to inform you next time I have a new article/podcast episode, sign up below for my newsletter!
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.