Meb Faber is a co-founder and the Chief Investment Officer of Cambria Investment Management. His speciality is quant investing. Meb is the host of The Meb Faber Show podcast and has authored numerous white papers and books. He is a frequent speaker and writer on investment strategies and has been featured in Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The New Yorker.
In this episode, we talk why you need an investment plan, why the systematic approach is helping to have a better decision-making process, how to behave in the period of a market crash, is dividend investing a right approach for most of us, and many other topics. Only practical knowledge, no-nonsense theory.
In this episode
- Meb’s career and investment experience
- How being a quant investor helps in a better decision-making process?
- Is investing more a science or an art?
- Why is Meb more focused on a broad, macro view, rather than individual stocks?
- How is Meb investing his own money?
- Dividend investing
- What may a company decide to do with its profits?
- Why dividend investing is so popular among people?
- Is chasing a dividend a reasonable strategy?
- How to extend a dividend-yield approach to investing?
- Why is a globally diversified portfolio a must?
- How to behave when market crashes?
- How to hedge our portfolio against market crashes?
- Short-term vs. long-term investing
- Are ETFs working as expected during market stress?
- What Meb thinks about ESG
People mentioned in this episode
- Warren Buffett
- Charlie Munger
- Benoit Mandelbrot
- David Swensen
- Mohamed El-Erian
- Charles Dow
- Jack Bogle
- Morgan Housel
- Elon Musk
- Cambria Investments
- Meb Faber Research (blog + podcast)
- The Idea Farm
- What You Don’t Want To Hear About Dividend Stocks
- Meb Faber on the Challenges of Active Management
- Meb Faber: For Investment Value, Look International | Trading Nation | CNBC
- Triumph of the Optimists, Elroy Dimson, Paul Marsh, Mike Staunton, Princeton University Press, 2002
- Invest With The House – Hacking The Top Hedge Funds, Meb Faber
- The Best Investment Writing – Selected Writing from Leading Investors and Authors, edited by Meb Faber
- Global Asset Allocation – A Survey of the World’s Top Investment Strategies, Meb Faber
- The Ivy Portfolio – How to Invest Like The Top Endowments and Avoid the Bear Markets, Meb Faber
- Global Value – How to Spot Bubbles, Avoid Market Crashes, and Earn Big Returns in the Stock Market, Meb Faber
- Shareholder Yield – A Better Approach to Dividend Investing, Meb Faber
Comments are welcome!
I encourage you to comment on this episode. You can do this by pressing the button below. Please also visit my profile on Twitter. 🙂
I really count on your voice! Thank you! 🙂
Do you like what you see?
If you want me to inform you next time I have a new article/podcast episode, sign up below for my newsletter!
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.